For this weeks project I am showing you how to sew this squidgy Robot Head! Of course you could also use the templates to make a fab-tastic robot head collage with all kinds of paper, card, foil,bubble wrap, fabric…
To get the template click HERE.
Mini tip – If you want to add to your sewing box lots of colours of thread but havn’t got lots of pennies try checking on ebay for bundles. I found some with 50 different coloured threads for a very reasonable price.
The pictures above are just so you can see close up how to sew the layers together. I have uses 2 strands of embroidery thread at a time for this project. Start and end sewing with tiny stitches – check here for a reminder.
First you need to cut out all your pattern pieces, this will take some patience so I would take a well earned break after doing this!
Once you are ready to start sewing collect all of the goggle and eye pieces.
- Sew the white felt circles onto the goggles.
- Now sew the eyelids on top.
- Next, the eyeballs!
- If you are using the extra middle panel across the face then sew the goggles onto this panel. ( If not, sew goggles straight onto the head.)
- If using panel – sew it onto the head.
- Add the button onto top of head.
To make the mouth.
- Sew the teeth onto the lips. ( There are 2 choices on the template page.)
- Next, sew the lips onto the head.
Wow, that’s allot of sewing! Just one more step left.
- Sew the face you have made onto the other head shape. Sew around all edges but remember to leave a bit open so you can stuff it.
- Once stuffed finish sewing.
Yipee! You’ve made it, well done!
Now you have a super robot head squishy to call your own.
Check back again soon for more projects and colouring pages.